Thursday, March 29, 2012

Turkey sausage sandwich with onions and peppers

Last night I made a recipe that had Adrian saying, "Oh my GOSH, that was good!" I'd consider that a success, considering some of our previous experiences.

I had planned to make this recipe, but after a quick gander at the list of ingredients, I realized there were several items I was missing.

So, in true Jessica fashion, I decided to wing it. You know, a little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Here's how:

6 turkey hot italian sausage links
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 green bell peppers
1 yellow onion
1 tsp or so of salt
1 tsp or so of pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 garlic cloves
About 1/3 cup of some Cabernet wine
About 1/3 cup chicken broth
1 can (15oz) stewed tomatoes
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Provolone cheese
French rolls

Heat oil, cook whole sausages until browned, 7-10 minutes. Remove them and set aside, add the sliced onions and peppers along with salt and pepper and cook until golden. Add garlic, oregano and basil, stir.


Add the wine, tomatoes, chicken broth and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer. Slice sausages and add back into the pan. Snuggle them into the sauce, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.



After it's finished, turn on the broiler and assemble your roll. Add a slice of provolone (mozzarella works too) and slide under the broiler until crispy and melty.

Major yum!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)