Monday, March 12, 2012

Cake mug

You haven't lived until you have had a cake mug. Not only is it delicious, but it's very quick to make, low in Points Plus if you're a WW and well, you get to eat cake. In five minutes flat.

It's very simple to make a cake mug. You start with the cake mix. I prefer Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix and dress it up with fixin's, but that's just me. You could also use chocolate or white, whatever your little heart desires.

via
Go ahead and spray that mug with Pam or whatever spray you want on hand. Open up the bag of cake mix and choose your portion size - I prefer mine in 1/4 cup servings because it ends up being about 3 Points Plus or 100 calories.

Next, you'll take some club soda (I now keep club soda on hand at all times so I can always have a cake mug) and pour until you get consistency similar to brownie batter. It will definitely not be as thin as your traditional cake mix so if it looks funny, you're probably doing it right. 

Now you get creative. I have mixed in butterscotch chips (yum!) or chocolate chips (double yum!) but it's just as good when it's plain. Pop that thing into the microwave for approximately 1 minute. If you don't like yours ultra-moist, you can go ahead and add an extra 15 seconds or so. Anything more than that and you're going to get dry, flaky cake - not my style.

More creativity now. I like to chop up a bunch of strawberries and throw that on top (free on Weight Watchers, woo!) with a decent dollop of whipped cream, about 1 point's worth. You could do ice cream if you aren't weight watching with some caramel. Icing would work. So would M&M's.

Keep in mind, my 1/4 cup serving is kind of small which is why I use lots of strawberries but I do it on purpose for portion control. I think it's the perfect amount of sweet treat without feeling completely jipped. If you want more, make more! That's the beauty of the cake mug...it's totally yummy, customizable to your eating pleasure and depending on your choices, guilt-free! Love it!

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)