Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chasing the day

As I'm sure you guessed last week when I talked about it, I thought I was getting a case of the baby blues. But really, I just needed sleep because I hadn't slept in 9 weeks. My awesome, amazing mother took the boys the whole day on Saturday and during the night so I could enjoy some much needed hubby and snooze time.

I got to thinking, maybe it would help if I tried to get up earlier, maybe tried to work out or have a couple of minutes to myself. Grab the bull by the horns and all that stuff. Stop letting the day chase me all day as I struggle to open my eyes in the morning, fight my emotions throughout the day and throw myself into bed every night.

So, for the last three days I have woken up earlier than both of the kids and just had some me-time. Two of the days I worked out. Yesterday I made myself and Adrian breakfast and made Adrian lunch. 

I cannot tell you in words the difference it has made.

I'm finding that I'm a little more patient, both with Gabriel and Jonas. I'm a lot calmer. I don't need as much coffee. I feel more energetic, probably from starting my day off with a workout. My days are more productive, probably because of the energy.

It helps even more that Jonas has been sleeping in long stretches - 8:30-3:30 and then until 6:00am this morning - and I've cut Gabriel's nap short so he'll sleep at night. I'll take it allllll day long!

Anyway, today's our big day - it's swap meet day. Don't laugh, we had a blast last week! I have to post my revamped lamps that I purchased for $6. It was awesome.

How's your Wednesday going?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)