Monday, March 26, 2012

Garlic Chicken Thighs with Potatoes

I love quick and easy recipes, especially because after being home with the boys all day, I have very little desire to get into the kitchen and make an elaborate dinner.

This afternoon I stumbled across a recipe that made a big splash in our house! I just recently started using chicken thighs and I am obsessed. I can't remember what website I found it on, but it's so simple I can recall it from memory. I hope you enjoy!

3 large chicken thighs
3 potatoes
1 c. chicken stock
1/2 of a lemon
1 teaspoon + some of salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon or so of olive oil
3/4 monterey jack cheese

First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mince garlic very finely (the recipe called for it to be made in to a paste but I didn't) and combine with 1 teaspoon of salt. Rub mixture onto thighs and place in 9x13 glass dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Slice each potato into about 8-12 "chips," sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil. Place potatoes around and on top of the chicken. Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon over entire dish and add 1 cup of chicken stock, pouring down the side (you don't want to rinse off that yummy garlic/salt/pepper). Pop in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I covered mine with monterey jack for the last 2 or 3 minutes and it was delish, although I'm sure you could use any or no cheese. 

I served it with grilled asparagus, corn and a fresh salad. I thought we would surely have leftovers for Adrian's lunch tomorrow but it was gone so quickly, and even Gabriel ate it up!

Let me know if you try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)