Monday, March 12, 2012

Tell me about it Tuesday #2


Alright people, here's the question of the day...

If you could live in any city for six months, which would it be? Why? Show me a pic!

If I could live in any city in the world, it would be one of three. I just can't narrow it down to one!

The first one that I would want to live in is Boston, MA.
via

Some of the reasons:

  • weather (hello, snow!)
  • culture and history
  • wicked awesome vernacular
  • old beautiful homes
  • pubs
  • my desire to go to Fenway Park
  • the Celtics (my tied-for-second favorite team in the NBA) 
  • it just seems like an overall pretty BA place to live








The second place I would want to live is Seattle, WA. 
  • I love the rain. And cold weather. And snow.
  • McDreamy, need I say more?
  • It's close to Canada.
  • Coffee, caffeine, coffee. 
  • Public transportation. San Diego is seriously lacking.
  • I don't know, I just want to.


And finally, probably where I would give up my pinky toes to live, London, England. I spent 10 days there in 2007 and it was literally a life-changing experience. One of the best experiences of my life (the company wasn't too bad either). 

  • The culture.
  • Beauty - I mean, even gates look better in England.
  • Walking everywhere.
  • Quaint shops, open air markets, Top Shop. It really has it all.
  • Fascinating people with again, amazing accents. Just as we think America is a melting pot, so it is there.
  • The Tube!
  • The ability to travel in Europe. Yes, there's water in between, but the mainland is just a chunnel ride away.
  • Cafes and high tea.
  • Three words: Will and Kate.

Just look at how awesome that picture is! To be honest, I would uproot my family to move there. I would say goodbye to friends. I would love for my kids to be immersed in a different culture (albeit more similar to America than others).

Which gets me thinking, maybe I should apply for grad school over there...








So, where would you live?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)