Thursday, June 21, 2012

Steak lettuce wraps

One of my favorite meals out at a restaurant are lettuce wraps. No, not PF Changs'...that's everyone's response when I say that (except my B who KNOWS where the best ones comes from). You will find them at...the Cheesecake Factory. Very unsuspecting, right? Well, there's no way I could recreate them because they are amazingly fabulous, but I decided to shake my dinner menu up with the help of all of my Facebook friends by making my own version last night. They didn't disappoint and we all went back for seconds!

Ingredients
Marinade
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Juice from half of a lemon or orange
Salt and pepper to taste
Other
3 sirloin steaks
1/2 large cucumber
2 carrots
Iceberg or bib lettuce
Peanut sauce (we used this)
Optional
Brown rice
Edamame

A few hours prior, put steaks in a ziploc with marinade and let sit. 


Once you are ready, grill the steaks on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. We used an indoor grill on the stove which is probably one of the best kitchen accessory investments we've ever made.


Julienne or shred your carrots and cucumbers. Or, if you're like me and have a handy-dandy brand-spanking-new food processor, use the shred level on it. I basically want to slice/chop/shred everything in sight right now just so I can use it.



When steaks are finished, let them rest for a few minutes and then slice them into chunks for easy lettuce-wrap-stuffing. Pile your lettuce wrap high with your carrots, cucumbers and peanut sauce. Take a biiiiig bite and enjoy the crunch of the lettuce, the sweet coolness of the cucumber and the juicy, tasty steak. Serve with brown rice and edamame (or broccoli and egg noodles?).


ENJOY!

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

3 comments:

  1. OMG, YUM! I'll be trying this asap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! They'll definitely be staying in our meal rotation.

      Delete
  2. These lettuce wraps look so amazing!! MmMM! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)