Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sicky boy

I had intended to share pictures today from our playdate yesterday with two friends and their little babies but we're going to have to hightail it back (again) to San Diego. We had a total blast and I probably talked their ears off because I was just so excited to be around humans that were not related to me by blood or marriage [I swear I don't talk as much normally, I'm just starved of adult interaction].

Anyway, we're back off to the city because my poor baby's cough is starting to make me very nervous. I'm convinced it's walking pneumonia or RSV or whooping cough. It's hacking and phlem-y and painful sounding, and I just can't wait any longer to take him. He's supposed to have school today, but instead we're snuggling in our pajamas watching Lady and the Tramp until I can get a hold of Kaiser.

Telling me he wants to snuggle, eat cereal in my bed and NOT go to school.

Last night he snuck into our bed. Normally we take him back to his bed because otherwise, he'd do it every night. But this time, as soon as he got close to me I could hear him wheezing. Up to this point it had just been a nasty cough, so this freaked me out. When he climbed into my bed and snuggled in, I could tell he was short of breath. I gave him a couple puffs of his old inhaler and that helped a little but he was still uncomfortable and having a hard time sleeping. Of course after hearing how uncomfortable he was, I couldn't sleep because all I could hear were his short little breaths and tossing around.

So, we're off. Appointment at 11:15. Back to SD we go!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope he feels better, soon!! Maybe a good day to go see Brave, movies don't take too much energy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! coming from the hop!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com!

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Jess, I am a new follower ♥

    I am so sorry to hear your son is not feeling well, sending get well vibes his way! xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby. Sending big hugs and love to you and him today.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)