Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The clique that I am not a part of...yet

We actually made it to story time at the library two weeks ago. Shocker, I know. Normally I flake out on everything but because Gabriel has had a hard time adjusting to preschool, we figured he needs to partake in more structured activities.

We got to the library (early, because I'm a freak like that), sat down and the other parents started trickling in, babies and toddlers in tow. They all kind of seemed to know each other even though this program just started at the library. After the craft and singing and story, one of the moms exclaimed, "Alright everyone, see you at the Treehouse!" I was kind of like the nerdy girl standing outside the circle of cool girls in high school, desperately waiting to be asked to join in the conversation.

via

I mentioned a while back that I met this girl at the park who told me about the Family Treehouse. We never ended up going because I'm scared of interacting with people and it costs about $50 a month, not a huge deal, but we're already paying for preschool, plus getting ready to put Gabriel into swim and gymnastics this summer.

Turns out, this Treehouse place is like the hip hangout for moms. I mean, I can totally understand why, since it corrals your child into a padded room, distracting them with about a zillion toys and allows moms to have some social interaction.

I think we're going to try it out by going at least once this summer to see what it's all about and perhaps - I'm not making any promises here - make some friends and if it all works out, join the Treehouse. Maybe. My one hesitation about actually joining if is the off-chance that I decide to go back to work, I wouldn't be able to take him anyway. I guess a nanny could though, who knows.

Now I'm really going to work on my awkwardness because I don't bombard some unsuspecting victim this time so that I can be a part of the cool crowd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)