Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I had a birthday yesterday

I turned 26 yesterday. Twenty-six. It feels old, even though I'm fully aware it's not (I mean, Adrian is 30! HAH!). Sometimes I still feel like I'm 16, trying to figure out life again. Soul-searching and wriggling around, trying to understand where I fit in this world. Is that weird?

Anyway, yesterday. It was fun. It was relaxing. It was perfect and exactly how I wanted to spend my day. I woke up (early, as usual, the show must go on, even if it's my birthday!) and got ready, took my boys to go see the dollar movie at the theater, Happy Feet 2. It was weird, but whatevs. Adrian worked from home and we relaxed together, watching Master Chef while the boys napped.



When Gabriel woke up, we baked a delicious cake with chocolate frosting and made some tasty zucchini lasagna, a recipe I'll be sharing maybe later today. Sister bought my flowers and an awesome hat that I'll be debuting on our beach vacation later this month and husband surprised me with great tickets for this weekend! I'm one lucky girl!


Donovan Frankenreiter's music is so peaceful and romantic; one of my favorite songs by him is a song that Adrian sweetly dedicated to Gabriel when he was first born...

You can call me papa  
And I'll call you baby
Don't forget your mama's my, baby too
Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be there, I'll be there for you

We closed out the day with a slumber party downstairs since our upstairs air is out, watching movies and eating cake. It was such a snuggly, happy way to end my first day of 26.

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Jess! You have a wonderful way with words and I love reading your blog. It sounds like a perfect way to spend a birthday, so relaxing with a few nice surprises. I still feel 16 too, but I think it's nice that we're still young at heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)