Friday, June 22, 2012

An "appy" review: Time to Enjoy

I still consider myself to be new in town. I know, I know, technically I've been here for about nine months, but most days I still feel new. Gabriel, Jonas and I are always on the hunt for new things to do in the area (read: free or low cost), so of course I was intrigued when I was contacted to review a new iPhone/iPod application called Time to Enjoy.
via
I looked up details for the app and it is something that I could seriously see myself using all of the time. Essentially, it pulls up a calendar and you click on a time. The app will then bring up all of the local events in your area INCLUDING HAPPY HOUR. Okay, you don't like happy hour. They thought of that. You can filter your results to bring up a combination of outdoor recreation and music/concerts. Want to see a movie? Of course they included the option to include showing times. They also included categories such as tours, museums, live theater and local attractions, among other things.

So they got me all excited about the happy hours and outdoor recreational activities and concerts and movies but a dark cloud moved into my happy-land. The Imperial Valley does not know how to use the internet (they live in the dark ages where you go in to businesses and talk to people). There is no way anything is going to show up because my city is no fun. Oh well, I'm thinking. I guess I'll give it a shot anyway, just to see. What do you think happened? Stuff showed up! These Time to Enjoy people know some sort of magic because I can't find that many things to do when scouring the internet. There's method to the madness and you can go here and click on "help" to read about it.

Things I Love About This App:

  1. Actually finds things. Good things. Things all over my area.
  2. Lets you select a mile radius to search within and you can change the city you want to search.
  3. You can invite your friends to the events using text messaging, email, Facebook and Twitter.
  4. It will sync to your calendars on your phone. 
  5. Allows you to choose what type of events you want to see.
  6. Gives all necessary info to attend the event: time, address, description, etc.
  7. Oh, I forgot to mention. It's free. Hello best part for mamas on a budget. 
Things I Not So Love But Will Deal With Because I Love This App:
  1. Release Android app!
Here is the best part. If you reader friends download the app (which you obviously should), you can enter the Time to Enjoy competition, hosted by uTemporis, Inc. All you have to do is like them on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Take pictures at any event you attend that you found using Time to Enjoy. Upload them to Instagram using hashtag #timetoenjoy_app, tagging them in the photo from now until June 30th. You can win a $500 Amex gift card OR a $500 total voucher for hotel and airfare on Southwest Airlines and a complimentary day at the races at Del Mar Racetrack. Let the photo taking begin!

Tell me if you downloaded it and how awesome you think it is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)