Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday celebrations and Father's Day

I mentioned the other day that Adrian gave me tickets to see Donovan Frankenreiter for my birthday. The venue was so unsuspecting, nestled inside of a little strip mall in San Juan Capistrano, but when you walked inside, it was like you were in an old wharehouse. We ate some tri-tip (okay, and some nachos), drank some tasty adult beverages, enjoyed being baby-free for a few hours and swayed to the tunes. Soaked up the good vibes. Listened to Donovan's sultry-sweet voice. Got a new awesome mustache t-shirt and some free swag.


It's funny how, after being married for a while and especially after having kids, how our idea of a date night has changed. In our younger days, an evening out like this would have involved lots of spilled drinks, an alcohol haze, a rowdy bar after the show and sleeping in all morning, probably prepping for another long night. Those days have long been traded for rushing home, snuggling up with our babies, waking up early to nurse and cuddle and watch some Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I like this life. I will happily give up a lifetime of fun nights followed by brain-numbing hangovers to spend my mornings with Jonas, Gabriel and Jake.

On Sunday morning, my dad, Adrian and brother went golfing while us women prepped for their big day. I made some bomb.com crab cakes by the one and only Paula Deen. We swam (got stung by a bee, I forgot how damn bad that hurts!), we lounged, we let babies and boys swim all day. Showered the men with lots of love and beverages. It was a day full of lots of love and I'm so thankful that my boys have such a funny, laid back, smart role model to look up to for the rest of their lives, just like I'm grateful for my own role model - my dad. I realize more and more, just how alike we really are and I couldn't choose anyone better to follow.


How was your weekend/Father's day?

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comments:

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)