Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend catch-up

I swear this isn't going to become a place where once a week I come and am like, I have been so busy...I don't know what to say...I have writer's block...blah, blah, blah is all you're hearing, right? I have a lot to say and frankly, I really want to talk about it. But how do I explain to you that our lease is ending and we have about 234,239,936 options, yet no direction whatsoever?

It would take 18 posts to describe our confusion and at least 10 cups of coffee for you to be able to last through that one-way drag-on conversation. Here's the gist: in September, we're either homeless or we extend our lease. Stay in the hot, god-forsaken valley or move back to San Diego. Try to buy a house (though realistically we wouldn't be able to afford one in our dream town, we would have to compromise on being farther removed) or rent until we can save enough for a down payment. Over there or here? Adrian commutes an hour or works 10-15 minutes from our home here. I go back to work so we can save money or I stay home with the kids and we continue to rent forever...and the list goes on and on and on.

via
So like I said, herein lies the problem. We have too much to say about every option, we talk and talk and talk and decide on one thing and then talk some more and decide on something else. Convince ourselves we're doing the right thing and then get a taste of life back near our city and we're right back to square one, thinking we should make the move back to SD.

I miss having friends. I miss my family not being an hour and 15 minutes away. I would like to put Gabriel in some extracurricular activities (as of now we can't commit because we're gone every weekend). I miss having things to do on the weekends. I miss not having to spend the majority of the weekend traveling back and forth. I miss our health provider being less than 1.5 hours away. But I remember when my husband commuted 2 hours each way and at the end of the day (literally), it was not pretty. And that was with only one kid!

Hence my distraction. Hence my silence. Breaking the silence means word vomiting my confusion all over you and I am too confused to be clear. Bear with me...we're challenging ourselves and changing and growing and doing stuff and at some point I'm sure a decision will be made and poof! Clarity! Understanding!

Until then...I'll give you a little glimpse into my weekend, since that was the original intention of this post. I spent time with my brother who is finally home from Japan and out of the Navy and never going back, yippee! On Saturday, my mom and I hottified ourselves and went to an old, old friend's wedding. Um, and btw, my mother is seriously aging backwards. She looks like my sister or something and it is kind of ridiculous(ly awesome). Sunday, I made an extremely long drive with an extremely good friend to attend an extremely sweet baby shower. All in all...good weekend.


How was your weekend and please give me good advice...in life...in decision making...something. Kthanks.

PS, check out my guest blogs from other the weekend:

4 comments:

  1. honestly everything will work out the way i truly supposed to. i really believe it. stopping by from the link up! so glad i did because your blog is super cute! cant wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. let it work itself out!

    Thanks for linking up on the HOP today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell who is who. You both look amazing but which one is Mom???

    As for your dilemma - I have found when that happens to me, that when I take a day off from thinking about it (I know that is hard) like go to the beach or someplace that will clear you head - the next few days after, (if you really tried not to dwell on it) something will jar your decision-making component in your brain and Voila, a good decision will pop through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today! Hope you found some amazing new blogs and even some new friends!!

    Melissa @ The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)