Thursday, August 2, 2012

Science experiment gone...something.

I remember seeing a science experiment somewhere using oil and water, coloring the oil with food coloring and dropping it in water to create blue "bubbles."

So, we pulled out the vegetable oil, water, containers, little toys to put inside and set out to recreate it.

the dirt did NOT work out well.
Now, I fully understand the properties of oil and water and food coloring but...well, I don't know. Maybe our proportions were off.

 
Maybe the project I saw was nothing like this and I misread it.


Oh well, the colors were beautiful, Gabriel enjoyed playing around with the food coloring (a little too much) and it was a great opportunity to explain to Gabriel why oil separates from water.


As you can see, it was very pretty and clearly showed the difference in the different liquids.



What kind of fun stuff have you done with your little ones lately?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Stopping by from Activity Corner – love your post - there are lots of times that I try something and it doesn't quite work out. I hope you’ll come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have kids and want to make this now haha


    Hope you have a great week! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)