Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mobility is kiiiind of a B

Jonas is now an army crawler. Like, full on getting wherever the heck he wants whenever the heck he wants. 

This is uncharted territory. It's kind of freaking me out.

He's coming for me!!!
Gabriel was a spoiled little baby and we held him constantly, so he showed no interest in any type of crawling until 9 months. Even then, he barely army crawled around. Finally, after 1 year, he decided to crawl and at that point he could listen to simple directions. I feel like we kind of bypassed the whole, baby-gets-into-everything phase. Or maybe it's baby amnesia getting the best of me again.

We have to majorly kick up our baby-proofing efforts. Today, he pulled the DVD player out of the stand, pulled the HDMI cord from the back and was trying to get the end in his mouth. I don't know if those things electrocute, but I have NO desire to find out. 

He used to sit so patiently and play with the toys that surrounded him. Now? He goes after the tiny piece of scrap paper across the room and shoves it in his mouth, while I try to wrangle it out of his grasping fingers. Or he swipes at the cup of water I left right next to me on the floor, knocking it over in the .267 seconds that I wasn't paying attention. 

Don't even get me started on the fact that soon, he'll be really crawling and it will only take him a few seconds to get to the stairs. As if I could get any more anxious to move...now I have yet another reason to add to my ever-growing list.

Soon there will be no place to hide. They'll both find me.

Any tips for handling this new baby phase?

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe wait until he can pull up. Then he can reach all the tall things, but still not understand enough to stop. Mobility truly is a B. LOL

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! I have two boys as well, so I can totally relate to your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew! I remember..my boys always getting into things, wanting to pick up every little bit of fluff or dirt speck to put it in their mouth! We pretty much removed everything from knee level coz we were just tired out rescuing stuff from destruction!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)