Thursday, April 26, 2012

The naggies

It has been brought to my attention that I have recently had a major case of the naggies. Let me explain...
Jess, can you grab my wallet out of my pants over there? I'm sorry honey, I cannot find your pants because they are not in the laundry basket where they belong. (When in fact I'm looking at them sitting next to the laundry basket)
Wifey, do you know where my boots went? Why don't you try the front basket where I move them every single night since somehow you don't know where they belong?
I know, the bitchiness is kind of astounding. I annoy myself just typing out some of my responses. Anyway, nag does not work. Well, sometimes it does but it takes about 234,984,023 tries and then we're both angry with me because I repeat myself so often my voice gets to be...annoying.

I'm afraid if I keep it up, this might be my husband:

via
Okay, not really. But I really don't want the thought to cross his mind. And I also really don't want him to think I'm ungrateful for him because frankly, he's pretty awesome. He clothes us, feeds us (indirectly), pays our bills and carries the load around here. As much as I do, he is the one who enables me to be at home with the babies and if it weren't for him, I would have gone back to work as soon as Jonas was starting to get all cute and fun. I would really be missing out.

So I'm going to try to put the naggies away for a while. A loving wife does not use attitude or meanness to get her way, nor does she make her hub feel bad about himself. That's what I want to be, so it's what I have to do. It's not going to be easy.

Please tell me I'm not alone. Anyone else have a case of the naggies?

4 comments:

  1. I nag but in a different way...I'll say things like, "Are you sure you should be drinking that Mountain Dew right before bed?" I'm so annoying! Poor James :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does the same thing! Puts his work boots right on the white curtains which reach the floor! I say the same things the same way. Don't feel bad! If definitely gets old cleaning afte a grown man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the boots. I hate them SO much. They get left everywhere! And yes, there's something about picking up after a grown man that just isn't right...I feel like I have three kids!

      Delete
  3. My husband does fairly well putting things away. It's the kids I am always nagging!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)