Sunday, April 15, 2012

Light-ish Buffalo Chicken Dip

via
My cousin, Leslie, introduced this dip to our family several years ago and I just loved it, but kind of forgot it existed for a while. Then, a few weeks ago my mom decided to bring a lightened-up version of it to my Nana's birthday and I rediscovered my love affair...

I brought this to our Easter picnic at the park with my in-laws last weekend and it was hit; in fact, it was gone by the time I had planned to go back for seconds. It's so simple to make and just takes a few minutes in the oven, you just can't go wrong with it. 

Ingredients
1 package light cream cheese
1 16oz. container fat free sour cream
Approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 ready made rotisserie chicken (you could make your own or do several chicken breasts but hello, we're talking easy)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella + some sprinkled on top
1/2 cup cheddar + some sprinkled on top
Cucumbers, celery and chips for dipping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shred entire chicken into small pieces and set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, Frank's Sauce and and both cheeses together until smooth and blended. Add the chicken and mix well. Smooth into dish, sprinkle a small (or liberal?) amount of extra cheese on top and pop into the oven. I didn't time it but if I had to guess, I would say it was in there for about 15 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese well. I made this to fit shallowly in a 9x13 dish but you could make it in something smaller so it was thicker, it's really up to you. I'm not sure of the points, but I would guess somewhere around 4 points for about 1/4 cup or so?

Serve with cucumbers, celery and chips - smother, eat and repeat!

1 comments:

  1. Glad your in-laws enjoyed it! I've been making it "slimmed" down lately as well, it's good any way you make it :)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)