Sunday, October 28, 2012

How I Met My Husband - Part 3

The details are a little fuzzy, but my first real recollection of hanging out with Adrian on our own was the day after Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure there were other times we hung out, but this maybe is just my fondest of those first memories. I was depressed because I had to high-tail it back to Agoura after spending Turkey Day with my family because I got suckered into working. None of the girls were at the house, just me and my sad little self.

My not-yet-boyfriend-but-just-friend Adrian asked me if I wanted to take my mopey behind to BJ's Brewery and Restaurant. If there's one thing I can't turn down, it's pizza and beer. He obviously knew the quickest way to my heart was through food. 

There is nothing really significant about this night except..well...it was nice. He bought me dinner and made me laugh and then, yes, this is the crux of it. He took me to Blockbuster and we watched nerdy documentaries all night long. I'm sure he could care less about watching the obnoxious Michael Moore, but he did and he was able to carry on intelligent conversation about it.

I was still in denial about him. My two best friends started to mention stuff about him and I kept saying, "You guys are absolutely crazy! There's no way in hell I would ever date him. He's not my type." 

Clearly this was not the case...

Next Sunday, I'll share the next part of our adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for liking up with Super Sunday Sync!
    Glad you stopped by,
    Hope to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same things about my husband. After our first date we made our couple-hood official and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)