Sunday, October 14, 2012

How I Met My Husband - Part 1


A couple of days ago, I met my husband...

...in 2007. It was the night pictured above. I had red (pink?) hair and a cute dress on. That night changed the trajectory of my life.

It feels like I've known him forever, and yet it's only been five long short years.


Do you want to know the story? Yes? Alright...it's very romantic.

My girlfriends and I had gone out on a Saturday night. After sipping our drinks so very lady-like (or, possibly getting a tiny bit inebriated), I met a guy. No, it was not my husband. This guy was fun and we danced pretty much the entire night.

He had a friend. That friend may or may not have been naughty and could not come into the bar. After several hours of dancing with my new guy friend, girlfriends and I had to go. Or maybe it was last call...really, I can't remember. However, new guy friend and his friend (who we did not know was around at the time) had been left at the bar by their friends.

We, being so very kind, invited my new friend to come over. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, a LARGE man jumped into the car. To our surprise, this large man was our new guy friend's friend.

We took them home, LARGE man (at this point, called Gadrian because he told some of us his name was Adrian and some of us that it was Gabriel) did our disgusting sink full of dishes, we gave him a frozen bag of veggies for his kicked-in lip and then all of us retired to our bedrooms to lock our doors and pray that these scary men did not break our doors down.

As I woke up the next morning, I peeked out of the door to see Gadrian pacing on the back porch, Newcastle in hand, shouting on the phone to his friend that he was in a forest and had no idea where he was. That she was to come pick him up immediately because he was very confused.

I finally emerged from my room, cleared up his confusion and offered to drive them home. We all exchanged numbers and then I dropped them off. After a few days, I received a text message inviting me out on a date to dinner. I was excited!

That date was not with my husband. I'm sure you can guess what happened next, right...? No? Alright...stay tuned...

Part 2 will air next Sunday afternoon at 3pm!

Tell me about the first time you met your significant other...

6 comments:

  1. Cute story... can't wait to hear the rest of it! Hubby and I also met in 2007, blind date that worked out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, what a sweet blog. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that red hair!! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this story is starting out awesome, can't wait for Part 2 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to read this again because there are too many guys springing out from the bushes here!! lol!!
    Can't wait to read what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm DYINGGGG To know part II!!!! And I too... am kinda in love with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)