Friday, July 13, 2012

I started my first day of C25K and it was awesome

Last night I told Adrian I was going to start running again and that I planned to do the C25K program. He kind of snickered and said okay, suuuure. Don't get me wrong, he's supportive of pretty much everything I do or say..."Honey, I want to go to med school! We should move to France! I want to be a graphic designer! I'm never eating sugar again!" But if we had a penny for every time I said I was going to start working out, we'd be multi-millionaires. 

So anyway, this morning at 5:15 when my alarm went off...I rolled over and hit the snooze button, (HAH, you thought I was going to say I got up, right?). You know that funny thing that happens when you plan to wake up earlier than your kids, but then your kids get some sort of crazy clairvoyant magic powers and know that you're planning to be the first one awake, so they wake up 30 minutes earlier than you planned to? 

via
Yup, that's what happened. Jonas woke up at 4:45, so I nursed him, put him back in his bed and then stuck my head under a pillow to try to hide from the impending screech that was bound to come from my phone, signaling that I needed to get my ass out of bed. Adrian, the good husband that he is, told me, "Ten minutes and then you're up! You have a workout to do!" So I hit him with a pillow. Not really, but almost. 

The good is that I got up and I did the first day of the C25K. It felt really good. Actually, I thought it was easy, which was kind of a shocker considering I've been running about as often as there are cold days in Hell Centro.

After my run, I was ambitious and even did a little ab/legs/arm/body workout that I pulled off of Pinterest. I stopped though when I felt eyes gazing at me and when I looked up, Gabriel was standing 10 feet away and staring, which I obviously was not expecting so I literally almost jumped out of my tennies.

The point is I got up and I did it. I'm really happy and feel energetic! Awesome! Like I could conquer the world! I'm really hoping to start making a routine out of it.

Happy Fit (I wish) Friday!
What does your workout routine look like?

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs 
(You can vote daily!)

5 comments:

  1. I am the antithesis of an athlete these days. I only run when being chased; that being said, I think I really want to try this-- so I'm totally excited to follow you with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It does feel so good to start the day with a workout doesn't it!? After awhile it becomes addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous----working out is SO much harder to do when you have kids, right?? But I do love that feeling when I'm done!!!! I have to admit that instead of working out this morning, I got up with my coffee and a donut---there's always tomorrow, right?! Plus we are visiting in-laws so I needed a little boost!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about trying couch to 5k. Maybe I just need to do it!
    I'm impressed you got up and did it!
    I'm visiting from SITS Sharefest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to just get up and do it, really. Maybe this week will be my week! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower! I am visiting from the GFC Hop over at The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)