Thursday, July 19, 2012

A day at the races

I've always wanted to go to Opening Day at the Del Mar races but because the kick-off is on a Wednesday, we've always had work. So of course when Adrian was asked by one of his distributors if we wanted to go this year, we immediately said yes!


It was such a beautiful day out, not too warm and not too breezy. We were invited to brunch and drinks at a private home before the races started. We had plenty of time to get down to the races and missed the crazy crowded driving.


I loved seeing all of the women in their big crazy hats! I wish I would have taken some pictures because some of them were way over the top! One woman was wearing a headband to which she had attached a plate of bacon and eggs...weird, right?























We lost all of our money, which was a bummer, but we had a great time together! Next year, we will definitely plan to get seat tickets though, because the Coor's VIP party was a little too crazy for us. We wanted to be able to watch the races and lounge, whereas the atmosphere was much more conducive to basically getting wasted.


We ended the day with sushi at our favorite old stomping ground in Santee and I swear we ate at least six rolls together [we figured we might as well cram it all in since we never know when our next sushi date will be!].

Overall, it was a great date out with my husband!

2 comments:

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)