Monday, May 21, 2012

Please excuse my absence


It's been almost a week since I've blogged. You know, life got in the way and I'm okay with that. Sometimes you just have to disconnect and take time for what's important. Like the people above.


This evening is the first bit of normalcy we've had since last Tuesday and it figures that I feel like death. I swear it came from the germ-fest that is Chuck E. Cheese; Gabriel and I went on Wednesday to meet up with my friend and her son. By Thursday, he was feverish, booger-y, irritable and all around sick. It just so happened that on this particular day, he also had an infection, meaning a doctor's appointment. The day I was supposed to packing and running around for our trip to Walnut Creek.


Oh, did I mention the power went out on Wednesday night? Yeah, that happened too. Didn't come on until the next day. It also is worth mentioning that El Centro's nighttime weather is currently hovering around 90 degrees. The windows were flung open and we woke up covered in mosquito bites.

We proceeded to spend 18 hours in the car this weekend. Saw my sweet, amazing cousin graduate from St. Mary's. My boys were so well behaved, I thought someone might have swapped them out for obedient look-a-likes. There were Don Ramon shots in honor of the original Don Ramon's 8th birthday in heaven. Cake. Lots of car. Lots of watching the movie Up on our car dvd player. iPad playing (I am 95% sure I'm buying one this weekend. Hands down best child distracter EVER). Headaches and sickies and wanting to cry because my head was going to explode and my ears were going to pop.

St. Mary's Graduation
Today was our first day back on a routine, Gabriel went to school and that sweet little boy did not make one peep when I walked out the door. He's starting to enjoy school and that makes me so, so happy. And of course, as is his way, he taught himself how to swim. There is no pushing or prodding with that child. When he is ready, he is ready. Just like with potty training and walking and crawling and coming into this world. Here's a video of him swimming across our above ground pool, so proud of himself...

From Drop Box
Anyway, I promise I'll be back to a regular schedule this week, although we're going on yet another trip this weekend to Camarillo. At least this is for awesome reason...I GET TO SEE MY BFFF WHO IS MOVING TO NY. I'm sad. And I'm happy. But I'm sad that I didn't take more advantage of seeing her whenever we visit Adrian's family. Oh well, now I have an excuse to go to NY! Woooooooooo.

That's all for now. No more rambling. Promise.

Oh PS, somehow I got lucky enough to squeeze in some alone time. I think I got a little spoiled because I'm sick. Whatever, I'll take it. It was heaven on earth.


PSS, I'm linking up with Mrs. M. for Monday Mashup. Goodbye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)