Monday, February 13, 2012

weekend rambles

We had a lovely weekend, indeed. The in-laws visited, bringing the boys' cousin, Teresita, and Gabriel could not have had a better time.






I know I've said it a million times, but Gabriel is such a sweet big brother. He loves to hold Jonas, is so concerned when Jonas is upset and loves to hold and snuggle him. I was so nervous about how he would handle the new addition, but I'm so happy that in 5 weeks, we have not seen any aggression or negative behavioral changes towards Jonas. Regression here and there, but no meanness or sadness, and that is what's important!

My MIL does not like to sit still when she's at my house so subsequently, she cleaned my entire house!

I, on the other hand, relaxed, had lunch with my mom, played in a basketball game, had dinner with my parents, was taken to breakfast by my FIL (wow, apparently I did a lot of eating!) and watched the Grammy's, of course. Speaking of, did anyone think that Chris Brown's performance? I thought it was sooo lame!


How about this blurry picture? Mr. A apparently struggles at phone picture taking. Oh well, I like the silly anyway! It was exciting to play with a lot of my previous teammates.

One reason Adrian's parents came over this weekend was because quite a while ago, we promised them that they could have Gabriel for a full week. He was excited because he was going to be riding in the car with Teresita, but I'm nervous that he might not make it through the full week. As I was putting him into his car seat, I couldn't help but start crying. He's my baby! And 6 days is a LONG time. My sister and I are going to have to keep ourselves entertained this week somehow...

After they left, the stillness of our big house was deafening. Normally Gabriel is running around, jumping on us, watching Disney channel, begging us to play blocks.

Today, it's just Jonas and I. We're trying to pretend we don't already miss Gabriel. But we do.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)