Saturday, February 4, 2012

touch me, baby

February's Good Housekeeping magazine had a feature article discussing the power of touch among humans. Research has shown that touch can boost your immune system, speed up recovery from illness, decrease stress levels, increase accuracy in problem-solving, make you more generous and deepen relationships.

I couldn't help but think of these last few weeks and how much I miss the touch of my husband. Not the sexual touch; frankly, with trauma that my lady parts experienced four weeks ago, that is far, far from my mind.

I am touched all day. Between nursing a newborn and being jumped on by a toddler, my synapses are firing happy hormones through my body all day. But what I miss the most is snuggling in bed, watching our (many) shows, his arm around me until I fall asleep.

Now, he's inches away but might as well be in the next room because of Jonas, who has officially taken over our bed all. night. long. And many times I wake to nurse and find Adrian has disappeared, only to follow the snores and find him sprawled out on Gabriel's floor. Bless my husband's soul, when Gabriel cries at night, Adrian has been sleeping in his room so he doesn't come in and wake us up.

I know this time will pass and I'm grateful for the precious moments, but I miss, miss, miss my husband.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)