Thursday, February 2, 2012

channeling Miranda

I've been on Weight Watchers for the past two weeks and have done fairly well. I've lost about 6 pounds so far and have been walk/jogging on my treadmill three times a week. I've really had great self-control!

And then I got stressed out and pulled a Miranda. You see, I have never thought of myself as a true emotional eater until two days ago.

Gabriel was asking for lemonade. And for me to play play-dough with him. And to play blocks. And to get him some food because the huge plate he'd eaten five seconds prior did not fill him up.

Jonas was crying and all he wanted was to bounce on a damn yoga ball. Because we've all been on a diet, I purged pretty much all of our junk food and sweet stuff...minus a jar of frosting. That god forsaken chocolate/awesome/delicious/devilicious frosting.

I opened the jar and took a whiff. MMMMmmm...just one bite, I swore.

8 bites later I tossed it in the trash...

No wait, just one more...no, no, no! Yes. No! Okay, just one more and I'm done...

I took one bite, covered the rest in dish soap and tossed it in the trash.

So much for my self control...

1 comments:

  1. This is so me. ALL the time! I have no self control when it comes to dessert. I'm definitely an emotional eater. I'm also a bored eater,a tired eater, a social eater, and a just-because eater. And you know what? I can smell the frosting that you wrote about in this post! Mmmmm. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog btw. I'm having fun reading yours! Have a great weekend! :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)