Saturday, February 11, 2012

nostalgia

This post is going to be ultra-nerdy, embarrassing and probably 99% of my friends (and especially my husband) will make fun of me for it, but whatever.

High school was fun and I enjoyed it. But what I miss the most is playing basketball. In fact, I would do high school all over again just so I could play again. That's how much I loved it.


This picture doesn't show my entire original team, unfortunately, though I did play with the majority of them (and it shows my all time favorite coach!). This is from the 2011 Alumni game where we played against the varsity team at the high school.

Every year that this game comes around, I find it a little harder to go back and play, mostly because as the years go by, I'm getting older and older and the other team gets younger and younger. I'm no young buck, if you know what I'm saying. And every year, another set of young saplings moves from varsity to alumni and it makes me feel like an old fart.

I swore this year I wouldn't play unless Nicole played with me, but my mother is the queen of the guilt trip and has convinced me to go. Tonight I'll be playing older, fatter and slower than last year, but I'll be begrudgingly admit, I'm a little excited. (Shhh...don't tell anyone.)

And don't you dare judge me!

1 comments:

  1. I think this is great!! I could see how it would make you feel like an old fart, but I still think it sounds fun. :) We haven't even reached our 10 year reunion, so you're not officially old yet - no worries for a couple more years!! haha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)