Friday, October 8, 2010

Suffering from post-eating depression

Olive Garden, why do I allow you to do this to me time and time again? I don't know why I always run back to you, tummy growling with desire even though I know the (calorie) high never lasts.

It starts with the bread-oh, that warm, salty bread. One bite and I can't help but consume every last morsel.

I always move too fast with you, ordering impulsively and throwing caution to the wind. Calamari? Yes, please. Salad, of course! And don't forget the extra parmesan. Trying to take advantage of every second I can spend with you, oh my delicious Olive Garden.

By the time my main dish comes out, I am already beginning to feel the regret. How could I have been such a fool? Sick with glutton, I take a few nibbles and oohh, I just can't resist. I desperately begin to devour the buttery noodles into my mouth. But no, take a breath. Savor the last few bites...the end is near.

As always, we have a few minutes together and then you send me away feeling sick and overwhelmed with guilt. Why oh why did I need those last few bites?

It's been two hours since our rendezvous and I can't get you out of my mind. How you managed to mask those 243 million calories by your lovely scent and rich flavor, I'll never know...

How will I ever recover from the kcals and fat grams? I'll carry those around with me forever; oh how you've smothered my body with your lardaceous touch!

To recover from this traumatic and shameful affair, I suppose I'll have to drown my sorrows with Ben and Jerry. They always know how to cheer me up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)