Monday, February 20, 2012

Gabriel's Room Makeover

On Friday, my mom, sister and I had fun giving Gabriel's room a little face lift. I wish I would have gotten better pictures of how awful it was before, so mish-mashed together. Adrian had been working on a race car bed for the room and the finishing of that and Gabriel being gone just happened to coincide so he was able to come home to a fun surprise!

I'll be lucky if he doesn't complain to me in 20 years about his identity crisis for making him sleep in a pink and purple room for years...

Before





 After




Now I just need to find something for the two empty spaces on either side of the window. Maybe some more posters? We're also waiting on the Lightning McQueen decals to be sent for the bed from Toys R Us and then it will be finished!

When he came home, he loved it! We were able to snuggle together in his bed reading books before bed and he slept through the night without any wake-ups!

Next project: organizing his closet and adding to his bathroom. I've just started it so expect some pictures soon...

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Jess! Fantastic job! And Gabriel is definitely too much of a boys boy to ever question his manhood... purple room at childhood or not! :) Miss you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! so fun for him too :)

    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. Aunt Kim will love it when she sees it. How about a couple checkered flags by the window?
    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Jess! It looks so good, you forgot to mention how inexpensive this was!! Lets do Jonas' room next! love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)