Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tourist In Our Own Town: Best Pizza and Brew, Mira Mesa


This is the first of hopefully many posts in a series called "Tourist In Our Town." I will be chronicling some of the finer food, places and experiences as we happily re-acquaint ourselves with San Diego. If you have a suggestion for a place we need to visit, please send me an email!

***

We are big eaters. I know, shocker. Have you seen some of my recipes on here? We like the good stuff and we especially like pizza so of course we had to set out on a mission to find our new go-to hang out. I'm pretty sure we've found it.



The name really does say it all. This pizza was so delicious -- crunchy crust, delicious dough, interesting combinations -- everything was beyond great. We went for the Best White which is a perfect medley of rosemary garlic oil, aged provolone, spinach, ricotta, caramelized onions, roasted garlic and mozzarella. We added sausage because we like MEAT. 


Oh, the garlic. Yes, we walked out of there repelling any vampire within a 50 mile radius but hello, yum. The ricotta was creamy, the spinach fresh, caramelized onions brought a sweetness to the pizza. Gabriel and Jonas had the Meat Lovers, which basically was a bunch of Italian meats thrown onto a pizza. AKA heaven.


Now, all of this was great but the thing that makes it a fun hangout is the fact that they have 16 brews on tap, many of them from local breweries. We sat out on the patio with some Racer 5, our pies and boys; it was the perfect afternoon lunch date. 

You can bet we will be back soon.

Tell me about your favorite local afternoon hangout! 
Where do you like to nosh on an afternoon out on the town?

1 comments:

  1. There's a place here called DW Bistro. It's Caribbean-New Mexico fusion, sounds crazy, but it's so so good! They have a killer jerk chicken and waffles and a BLT that brings tears to my eyes. Also, that's where I had my first Bloody Mary a couple of weeks ago. It had bacon in it! There's a cute patio that I'm willing to sit on November-February, you know, when it's not steaming hot out here.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)