Monday, November 5, 2012

Hard work: outdoor landscaping in progress

Gabriel loves to do "hard work" as he calls it and when you have a new house that needs a heap load done to it, he has plenty to keep him entertained.


This weekend we spent organizing the last loads of stuff from our old house. I donated another 2 boxes of miscellaneous baby stuff, 2 bags of Adrian's old clothes and a bunch of hideous shoes that I've been holding onto for years. 


We have laundry list a mile long of things that need to be done, both inside and out, so when my father-in-law offered to tear down some old trees and move dirt around, we were so happy!

In the process, we ended up being out of water for several hours because he accidentally ripped up a pipe. Oops!



Thankfully, my jack-of-all-trades husband saved the day and replaced the pipe. And really muddied himself in the process.





Dirt was piled up and smoothed out in the front yard to make way for what hopefully will be a beautiful turnaround driveway, lined by railroad ties and surrounded by grass. I wish I would have gotten better before photos of the dead trees in the front that lined the property. It looks a million times better now!


If all goes as planned, we're going to put in the grass seed sometime in the next few weeks. This happens to be the best time to work on your grass here in the Valley so we should have some green out there soon.


Adrian and my FIL spend the entire day, minus church, outside on Sunday to make sure the front was ready to start landscaping. Thanks, honey!


I did super important things like laundry, organizing my crafting supplies and rearranging our walk-in closet.


We're hoping that in the next month or two we can look into getting the house painted on the exterior and possibly the interior as well!


The boys had fun playing in the dirt, watching the cars pass by and playing/crawling around.


It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but this will be the foundation of everything that is done in the front yard! I can't wait for the future of our home and to share more updates in the next few months as we make our house a home.

What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. awe how fun!!!
    Home improvements are fun & exciting.. makes you LOVE your house that much more!! cant wait to see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kid would love to be at your house right now. He is big into tractors and construction equipment.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super exciting!! And I totally love little man's boots!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)