Wednesday, December 7, 2011

34

Don't worry, I've stopped wallowing in the what-if's and the should-have's of yesterday. We're on to bigger and better things...and by bigger, I mean my huge-ass (haha, huge ass...seriously though...) belly!


Cool random fact: Baby bean child has been baking for 34 weeks and Gabriel is now 34 months old. Kind of trippy, right? Kind of like all is right in the world or something.

Bean child is supposedly weighing in at a whopping 4.75 pounds, basically about the heft of a good-sized cantaloupe. So essentially, he makes up about 18% of what I've gained thus far, all of which has settled in the huge ass and the thunder thighs. It's all good, though. I'm planning to jump right back in to Dub-Dub for the Chub Chub, otherwise known as Weight Watchers, as soon as I can evict this little love child. My sissy needs to drop some poundage too so she said she would jump on the bandwagon with me.

I decided to switch doctors after my last extremely disappointing visit  and I am sooo happy with my decision. My friend/doula recommended that I consider it and at first I was pretty hesitant because I'm so far along but after meeting with my new doc, I'm really glad she encouraged me to consider the option.

We decided on a nursery theme and we're going to do cowboys/cowgirls. I found this amazing Lonesome Dove sign on eBay and I'm totally going to nerd-out and put it in the room (PS, is it bad to have a sign that says "saloon" in your child's room?). And maybe I'll put a picture of Cap'n Call and Gus in there, just because I can...haha. I've found a bunch of other fun stuff, especially on Etsy, that I want to buy but I'm attempting to have some restraint.

I follow/lurk on my Babycenter.com birth month group and I swear all of the women have already packed a hospital bag. Their nurseries are all finished and beautiful. As in, ready for the big day. I'm so not ready. I felt guilty that I hadn't done anything except unpack a few boxes of clothes so I set up the pack'n'play bassinet in our room next to my bed. It's really highlighting the stark reality of the fact that this baby could show its face in as early as 3 weeks. What the whuck? Seriously!

Enough baby, I'm sure you're sick of it but too bad because I still have 6 weeks, and then after that
you'll just be bombarded with obnoxiously cute pictures of the little bean and brother.

Speaking of obnoxiously cute...

Note to self - do not leave lotion at toddler's eye level...
We've finally gotten him to sleep in his bed again by convincing him that if he sleeps there, Santa will bring him this awesome Cars bed. It costs about million dollars between the frame and the mattress, but if it means he'll consistently sleep there,a I'm all in! Since we're getting him the bed, we're going to re-do his room in Cars stuff, maybe not completely, but at least a few cool things.

We've done a couple of Christmas crafts that I'll post as soon as I can go through the extremely exhausting task of uploading photos...but seriously, I keep forgetting. Hopefully we're getting our tree on Monday - we have a busy weekend with Adrian's work Christmas party on Saturday night and then a little vacay to Big Bear on Sunday. After the tree is up, I'm hoping I will find the motivation to do a little more Christmas crafting.

On a completely non-baby/Gabriel/obnoxious note, look at these pictures. I literally cried buckets looking through them because they are so gripping.

2 comments:

  1. How on earth can I get a pinterest? I am really getting into DIY crafts that I can do on the cheap once Mike and I move.

    Totally and completely miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you an invite right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)