Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It pains me to say I told you so...NOT!

When I hinted at the fact that Adrian can be stubborn and frustrating in my last post, boy was it an understatement. He happens to be one of the most hard-headed people I've ever met in my life. Combine that with my stubborn streak and you can understand why our relationship can get a little volatile interesting at times.

He thinks he's always right. I know I'm usually right. He doesn't like to do anything unless it's his idea. I like to try to help him along the way, but it's mostly useless. Our conversations generally go a little something like this:

"You should really blahblahblah because blahblahblah is going to happen..."
 He ignores what I say and blahblahblah happens.
"I told you that was going to happen! Now I have to do blahblahblah to fix it because you didn't take care of it..."

 Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Every day of my life.

Well...I have been mentioning (and by mentioning, I mean I tell him any time we drive together) that his new truck's speedometer is off. As in, it shows 8-10 miles lower than what he's actually driving so kind of a big deal. I don't know what it is about men and their trucks, but ever since he got this thing, he drives faster than he used to.

On Sunday he got a ticket for speeding. His speedometer is off by about 8 miles, between the speed I saw him going and the speed the officer got on his radar. When the officer was done writing him up, I looked at him smiling.

"Jess, don't even say it."

"But please, can I??!"

"No."

Since I can't say it to him, I have to say it somewhere...

I TOLD YOU SO!

2 comments:

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)