Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thank god Halloween is over

Halloween is such a throwaway holiday for me. Don't get me wrong, Gabriel looks adorable in basically anything he wears and I like watching my husband carve pumpkins - yes, I dislike carving pumpkins, call me the Halloween grinch - but it's really just the kickoff for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS until Thanksgiving!!

This year it's being hosted at yours truly's, which means I'm working on a menu that so far will include pumpkin gnocchi, butternut squash soup, possibly a root vegetable puree and a turkey of some sort. I'm going to need to do some hands-on research in the kitchen, so check back for some potentially delish recipes!

I don't really have anything else to say today, we're being lazy. But here are some pictures from Halloween and the pumpkin patch...









1 comments:

  1. So cute!! Gabriel is so big!! Also, your Thanksgiving menu sounds amazing...I think I might be visiting you that week instead of going to Modesto...hehe. Who knew you could have something other than ham, turkey, and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving?? My family just isn't very adventurous I guess...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)