Sunday, November 13, 2011

Best. Lasagna. EVER.

Adrian is surprisingly picky when it comes to food. I'm used to it, so it doesn't shock me when at the end of a meal he says to me, "Next time you should leave out this," or "maybe you should use a different recipe all together...(basically, never make this again)."

He's pretty hesitant about anything unfamiliar and was raised on his mama's beans and rice, so he's a little ignorant when it comes to, um, American food. Or ethnic food. Or most foods that are not considered Mexican.

I made him chicken and dumplings the other night and upon seeing it he said, "Uh, is this some kind of Jewish food? Because I can just make myself some quesadillas..." No offense, my lovely Jewish friends...he wouldn't recognize anything remotely Jewish if it smacked him in the face.

But I love that man so I cry and sulk grin and bear it when he says mean things about cooking. He's really just trying to help...really. Anyway, I digress...I finally made a recipe that he sat back after he was finished and said, "Don't ever change that recipe. And save it immediately."

My friends, I have found the Holy Grail of lasagna recipes. It's pretty basic and perfect and delicious and heavenly. I stuffed myself so thoroughly at dinner that I'm having a hard time waddling around (as if I need more reason to waddle!). And breathing. I only made two changes to the process and that was to omit the goat cheese and use no-boil noodles. We are talking perfection here, people!

Go HERE. Make the recipe. Thank me later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)