Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 28 (and a half)

Wednesday marked the 28th week and I have officially entered the third trimester, woot-woot for the home stretch! According to Parents.com, little boo is this size: 


He/she is approximately 15 inches long and weighing in at a whopping 2.something pounds. Apparently he/she should be putting on about a half pound or so per week from here on out so be prepared to watch me pack on some major poundage. Speaking of which, I haven't been nearly as cautious as I was with Gabriel's pregnancy, so I've already hit about 20 pounds. I'm thinking my goal of staying under 30 might be slightly out of reach - oh well!

I'm so thankful that thus far, it's been a pretty easy pregnancy. I'm feeling sore at night, rolling over every hour-on-the-hour has become the ultimate chore, and I am so sick of having to wake up to pee every 2 hours, but it could be worse! I would say the worst symptom I've had is the itching. My elbows and behind one, yes - just one, weird I know, knee have been itching like nobody's business!

I had my 1-hour glucose test two days ago and I'm so happy that the numbers came back fine. With Gabriel, I failed the 1-hour test so they made me do the 3-hour glucose test. You have to drink a disgusting orange-flavored syrup, wait an hour, draw blood, wait another hour, draw blood, wait another hour, draw blood...needless to say, it is not something I'd want to spend a morning doing.

They also found out that I'm anemic and need to start supplementing with iron. It makes complete sense - I was feeling so lethargic during the day and in the mornings was having such a hard time getting up to make Adrian's breakfast. I'm a pretty early riser and prefer to start my mornings between 6:30 and 7:00, depending on when Adrian gets up, and that was such a struggle that Adrian even caught me napping one day with Gabriel, something that NEVER happens. I'm looking forward to starting the iron pills and hopefully having a little more energy.

In terms of the impending labor at the end of this whole thing, I'm still going to try for a VBAC. I'm so excited to be able to go into labor on my own and experience all of the emotions and pain and everything all over again. It's such an empowering process and I'm crossing my fingers that my body continues to cooperate so I can try for a natural, intervention-free delivery!

Here's a picture of me today, feeling great:


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)