Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Funday - Another day in the kitchen

My feet are sore, legs are swollen and my back is a little achy, but I am stuffed and satisfied with yummy goodness. The morning started out with spiced apple crepes and chocolate-cream cheese crepes for breakfast. I wouldn't say they were the best I've ever made because I was missing a couple of crucial ingredients, but they were still pretty decent.

For lunch/dinner/tasty football-watching food, I made a classic chili. You can find the recipe here. I exchanged the tomato juice for the same amount of stewed and diced tomatoes since I didn't have any on hand and it was fabulous. Probably the best chili I ever made, although you can't really compare since the only other chili I made, I decided one adobo chile wasn't enough so I added three. If you have ever used chili adobo, you know that it was HOT, as in, can't feel my lips because they are burning off of my face hot. But try that recipe if you like chili, it was some of the better chili I've ever eaten.

From Heat Oven to 350 - yet again, my photos do not do justice...
And now for the coup de grĂ¢ce, chocolate chip cheesecake bars. I used this chocolate chip cookie recipe and I have to admit, it was way better than the normal Nestle recipe that I generally make. Here is where the rest came from. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, make chocolate chip cookie dough and cheesecake filling as directed. Use large glass dish and give a healthy dose of cooking spray. Use half of the cookie dough as a bottom layer, then add all of the cheesecake filling, then add top layer of cookie dough. Bake for 35-45 minutes and be prepared to enter the most blissful, food-induced euphoria. I am forcing Adrian to take the rest of the pan to work tomorrow for fear that by the time he gets home, all he'll find are crumbs.

We decided that I'm going to  have to start cooking healthy food again.The last time I stayed home when Gabriel was little, all I did was cook and although the food was delicious, we collectively gained several many pounds. We both want to reign things in so that we don't become matching fat blobs. I think I'm going to try some yummy Weight Watcher's recipes this week, so be on the look out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)