Tuesday, June 18, 2013

San Diego Summer Checklist 2013

Last year I made a summer to-do list with the kids and it was a hit! Gabriel and I would "check" things off our list as we completed them and he loved knowing that we had a plan for this summer. This year, as long as I'm still working from home, I would like to do the same.

I know I've said it before, but I will say it again. We are so happy and lucky and happy happy happy to be back in San Diego. Not only do we have our friends and family here, but the area is so rich with unique things to do, you can hardly say you're ever bored living in this town.

Without further ado...




1. Camp at Silverstrand in Coronado.
2. Backyard camping.
3. Plenty of days at the San Diego Zoo with our new passes.
4. Pool dates with our friends. (Next Monday!)
5. Take the ferry to Coronado.
6. San Diego Botanic Gardens on the first Tuesday of every month. It's free!
7. Frequent the Hillcrest Farmer's Market.
8. Visit the Birch Aquarium when the new shark exhibit opens.
9. Get a Sea World Membership and ride the new Manta rollercoaster.
10. Paddle board across the Mission Bay for brunch.
11. San Diego Beer Festival.
12. Free Tuesdays at Balboa Park Museums.
13. Start a book club with girlfriends. First meeting on July 17th and we are reading Night Circus. So excited!
14. Play in the sand at the beach...our fave? Solana Beach or Encinitas!
15. Roast marshmallows in the backyard.
16. See the grunion run.
17. Take the kids to a drive-in movie.
18. Two science experiments for kids (see pin board here).
19. Five kids crafts (see pin board here).
20. Visit the New Children's Museum, heard some great things about it.
21. Try out My Kid's Clubhouse in Poway.

I will definitely be adding to this list as I come up with ideas because I know I'm missing some great stuff here.

What is on your summer to-do list? Do you have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love San Diego! We went there a few times while we lived in Arizona. Coronado is the best! I will stay at Hotel Del someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my dreams too, to stay at the Del! We love Coronado, though frequent it so little...trying to change that this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)