Tuesday, June 25, 2013

San Diego Fair and Beer Festival

We have been busy taking care of items from our Summer Checklist these last few weeks! So far we've camped in the backyard, been to the zoo and attended the San Diego Fair and Beer Festival, all of which I need to post about!

On Saturday night, we ended up going over to the Beer Festival and then made our way into the fair. We had a group of 8 and it was so much fun! There were over 400 beers on tap and food galore...




My two favorite brews were a red from a new brewery called Acoustic Ales Brewing Company and the Pear Cider from Ace Ciders. Acoustic Ales is opening up a tasting room next month and I definitely want to make it over there.

I'm going to be honest, I'm ashamed to tell you right now how much food we ate and tried. It's pretty ridiculous. The good thing is that with this group, we make eating more of a communal, family affair so the majority of this was split amongst us...
fried, bacon wrapped pickles
chocolate covered bacon
cinnamon rolls
funnel cake
hot pastrami sandwich
jalapeno, avocado grilled cheese
fried cookie dough
chili cheese fries

The winners were definitely fried cookie dough and the hot pastrami sandwich. We are talking amazing. 


I probably predisposed myself to congestive heart failure from all of the fried, fatty fair food but it was well worth it. It was an amazing night with amazing people and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Do you have a local fair in your county? What's your favorite thing to eat or do there? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)