Thursday, February 14, 2013

My favorite Valentine's Day ever

Back in the day, loooooong, long ago, there was a time where Valentine's Day meant doing whatever the hell we wanted. I won't lie, I miss the days of last minute planning, weekend awaying and drinking. A lot. Things have sure changed but I like to reminisce about the days of yor...

Adrian and I started dating in December of 2007. By the time Valentine's Day rolled around, we were practically inseparable (even though we hadn't DTR'd yet, haha) so it was a given that we would spend the day together.


Adrian is a go big or why bother kind of guy so when he said he was going to take me out to dinner, he wanted to take me to his favorite, $50 piece of meat, match your pants to your napkin restaurant in Laguna Beach. But of course we couldn't just go to Laguna Beach and come back home so he made the executive decision to get us a hotel room by the beach with a jacuzzi spa. 

And since we were already going to be in Orange County, why not spend the next day in Puerto Nuevo, Mexico, eating lobster tails and drinking beer? That's my man for you.

Dinner was amazing of course, filet mignon, asparagus, baked potatoes, crab cakes, wine (lots of wine!). The jacuzzi tub was...fun. Mexico was relaxing and hot and wonderful. It was just...ahhh...I could go for that this weekend.


However, there is one thing you never do in Mexico, at least if you know what's good for you. And no, I'm not talking about drinking the water. As we were in line on the way back, vendors of all kinds were knocking on our window trying to sell us blankets and necklaces and all sorts of crap we didn't need. After a short while, a fruit vendor came by selling mangoes with some sort of spicy shit on it.

Do you know where this is going yet? Adrian thought it would be a great idea to get some mangoes. Me? At that time in my life, I wasn't one to waste calories on fruit (that could be spent on booze, duh!) so I passed, but he gobbled down a whole bag in no time. The funny thing about coming back from Mexico is that it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to four hours just to get through the line.

So there we sat for about an hour and I'm watching Adrian start to squirm...looking very uncomfortable. Finally, we scooted across the border and he hightailed to the nearest place for to "go to the bathroom" aka run as fast as possible to the pot without shitting your pants. I couldn't help by die of laughter as he got back in the car acting super awkward because he wasn't comfortable with me knowing that he pooped. Funny how now he would poop with the door open if I would let him...

Just thinking about that whole weekend makes me giggle out loud. It was fun. It was us.

This year, we are relaxing, making mini pizzas for the boys, eating sushi and stuffing our faces with cream cheese frosted brownies. It's going to be wild. I'm even going to head to the gym!I know, I know, crazy, right?

What are you guys up to for Valentine's Day? Do you have any special traditions?

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha that made me LOL for sure!! I remember the first time my husband clogged my toiled....so embarrassed to ask for the plunger. Nowadays, there's nooo shame. My how things change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's so funny how in the beginning he was so embarrassed, but now I would appreciate a little modesty!!

      Delete
  2. hahah I would died laughing too!! Ah i remember the days of being able to just drive across the boarder for some fun now im too scared!!! so instead I want to fly somewhere for our anniversary, problem is where ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. With dozenѕ of radіo аpps
    for i - Phone aѵailаble in i - Tunes, there is an apρ for every categοry of muѕic loνer to lοve.
    Thе line comеs off the boat automaticаllу once it hitѕ a
    fish, whіch meаnѕ that thе uѕer can сatch a fіѕh of ѵiгtually аny size.
    Thiѕ not onlу allοws listеnегs to listen to thеіr favοritе MP3 fіlеs аlong ωіth their SΙRΙUS
    гadiо; it also letѕ them
    digitallу recoгԁ thеir
    fаvoгіte гadіo ѕongs for inѕtаnt ρlayback.



    Alѕo visit my pаge :: internet radio

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)