Thursday, January 10, 2013

Big Bear Trip

On Monday, my baby turned a whole year old. All I have to say about that is, where the hell did this year go? I'll have more about him and his birthday in another post, but as we were deciding what to do, we kept coming back to Big Bear. 

Adrian has been dying to go there for a while now and we thought well, why not? Monday night I packed us all up, booked a killer (and inexpensive because it was a Monday!) hotel, we threw the kids in the car and headed up north!

Absolute breathtaking, right? It was way better in person! 



My boy. 

We went sledding and we literally had to carry him to the car because he was all, uh uh, I'm having way too much fun! 




Everything was still decorated with Christmas stuff and it was just gorgeous at night.


First experience with Indian food. Delicious! Um, if you have never tried cheese naan, you have never lived. I don't even know if it's a normal thing everywhere but oh mama. It is the business.


This is us booing the food. BJ's (not the real brewery BJ's, Big Bear BJ's) was nasty with a capital NNNNNNNN. Bad food. Never ever ever again.


So, I did a little research and it turns out there is a zoo in Big Bear. Who knew, right? It was pretty awesome. We saw wolves, mountain lions, bears, foxes, bobcats, raccoons and so many other kinds of animals.


Seriously? Have you ever been this close to a bald eagle? Me neither. It was awesome.


Watching the raccoon show. Apparently our kids were not interested, considering Jonas is looking away and Gabriel was asking me to leave the entire time.


Just gorgeous. 

And then we were on our way home! It was way too short, but we made it a liiiittle bit longer by stopping for one snowball fight.


My husband did not understand the fact that I was just the photographer. First snowball thrown. Definitely not the last. 


Second snowball thrown at me. Shit just got real.


Aw, how sweet. We are snuggling!


BOOM! Gabriel throws a snowball at us!


And that. Was that.

I think what made this trip even better was the fact that Adrian actually shut off his phone and did not check his email. His work tends to take over his entire life when he is "on" and it was refreshing to just have his full attention. It made me remember how much I like him (HAH)!

We had such sad faces in our car on the drive home because two nights was just not enough time. We are already planning another short trip next month.

3 comments:

  1. How ironic. I live in Lake Arrowhead..same Mountain as Big Bear about 20 miles away. We love Big Bear and the wildlife zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, how come I never realized how short you are (or maybe your husband is really tall)?! I'm only 5' 1" so people towering over me is normal. Sorry, I get excited when there is another person my size. :)

    That zoo is awesome! I bet my kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love big bear! and the zoo to cute - i didn't realize wolves were that big!! Glad you had a good time. OUr kids keep asking to go to the snow and we really need to.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)