Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year's breakfast treat: Cinnamon Roll Pull-Apart Muffins


I don't know about you guys, but our New Year's Day involved a LOT of lounging, TV watching, game playing, nap-taking and eating. Lots of eating. Mostly leftovers from the night before because I make way too much food whenever I cook.

For breakfast/brunch, I wanted something extremely easy, but delicious. And since I've been obsessed with cinnamon roll flavors (without the actual tedious task of rolling out dough, etc. - see this recipe, I made a cinnamon roll cake for Christmas Day and it was AMAZING), and since I had some Pillsbury biscuit rolls leftover from Christmas, I thought that combining those two things would probably, most likely, be amazing.

They were, fyi.

You'll need:

1 roll of Pillsbury Biscuits
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon (or more, depending how cinnamony you want them)
1 tbsp sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Let us begin...

Preheat your oven to the temperature mentioned on the package. Open canister of biscuits, then separate them and cut into quarters. Spray a muffin tin with baking spray (or grease, however which way you want to go with this one). Go ahead and shove about 3 pieces into each muffin cup and that should give you about 10 muffins total.


Meanwhile, on medium high heat, melt down your butter. Add cinnamon and sugar. Stir until bubbly and delicious looking. If you would rather do this in the microwave, you certainly could. Drizzle the mixture over each muffin tin.


Pop the muffins into the oven for 14-16 minutes. They will be nice and fluffy when they are finished.


Meanwhile, mix together your yummy glaze. You could make a frosting like typical cinnamon rolls, but I liked that it wasn't too heavy. They are sweet enough as it is!


Use a whisk, like so.



See how puffy and fluffy and amazingly delicious they look? Drizzle the glaze on top of the muffins as soon as they come out of the oven. It gets so warm and gooey and I'm just saying, they go really well with a nice glass of milk. Or coffee. Or anything, really.


Try not to eat the whole plate.


I dare you.

1 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....why, oh why, did you have to post this today?? I (along with the rest of America) am trying to eat better, and this is sooooo tempting!! I am thankful that I am at work and not able to run to the kitchen to make this. I am saving it, though....just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)