Thursday, January 26, 2012

totes

In college, my bfff and I created our own language. It was mostly the shortening of words or phrases, but often we would post strings of letters on each other's Facebook walls to be deciphered. Yes, I realize we were in our twenties, but whatevs.

It was so popular that our other bfff caught on and soon, it was no bigs to say I mi yo bia, love! Meaning I miss you, bitch (used endearingly and never the whole word, only B, later to turn into bia) love you! Or to say bainyofa - meaning, balls in your face!

So you see, I'm no stranger to shortening words and being trendy, but I just CANNOT get into using the word "totes." In fact, I hate it. It makes me thing of frogs. Or handbags. Or that the person using it is a complete douche.

There really is no explanation for my hatred of this word. Hopefully none of my friends use it. If you do, just pretend you don't so I don't have to be forced to make fun of you.

2 comments:

  1. Lol this made me laugh!! Have you watched New Girl? Schmitt is totally douchey and shortens everything and it is hilaaarious. He's both the most annoying character and my favorite character. Also, i mi yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I almost forgot about bainyofa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)