Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 3 (or whatever day I want it to be!) - List the five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why.

I wouldn't consider myself one of those people whose lives revolve around music. Yes, there are songs that speak directly to my heart and I've included them on this list, but I don't know that it's the music that moves me from day to day. However, sometimes there's just that perfect song from that perfect day and hearing it can take me back. That's what all of these songs are for me.

1. The Joker by Steve Miller Band: This is my ultimate, favorite happy place song. It gives me that tingly, light feeling of days past, the ease of sunny days in Malibu and the freedom of summer.

2. Mr. Brightside by The Killers: All I can say is B and Vegas. This is another one of those happy place songs for me.

3. Hard Sun covered by Eddie Vedder: His voice is like sweetness to my soul. The only song I had ever heard by Pearl Jam was The Kiss, of course a beautiful song, but I never thought I would like their other music. Turns out I do! They just so happen to be Adrian's favorite band and he has opened up a whole new musical world for me.

4. Anything on the Garth Brooks No Fences album: It reminds me of my childhood, driving in my mom's van and screaming the lyrics to Friends in Low Places, which in turn reminds me of one of the perfect moments at our wedding reception where everyone was on the dance floor swaying to the music and belting out the words. It was amazing.

5. Three Little Birds by Bob Marley: Probably one of the greatest artists of all time and his entire Legend album could be on this list. Could You Be Loved, I Shot the Sheriff, One Love, Stir it Up, Jammin'...the list goes on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)