Monday, September 27, 2010

It's hot, hot, hot!

We had the air on all last night. This morning, I got dressed in my pants and long sleeve light sweater. It looked like there was a slight breeze in the air when I peeked outside the double doors from my room so I figured it would be perfect. When I stepped outside, the heat was so oppressive, it took all of my willpower to not step back inside, shut the door and turn the air up.

I'm ready for brisk, crisp fall weather. Bundling up with hot chocolate at football games. Making butternut squash soup. Putting up Halloween decorations. Rubbing cold hands together in front of a warm fire. Listening to the rain in bed. The smell of homemade apple pie baking in the oven. Wearing a coat and using an umbrella and wearing mittens.

I miss it all. I'm ready for it.

This was Gabriel last year...
...I can't wait for his Elmo costume this year!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)