Sunday, September 13, 2015

Our First Mariners Game


On Friday, Adrian called me around noon and surprised us with Mariner's tickets! A subcontractor had given his department 4 tickets and luckily, he was able to snatch them up. Since we had no Mariners gear, I put them in all the Seattle apparel we had and we hit the road to pick Adrian up. As you can see, our seats were AMAZING, right on the third base line. We explained to the boys that they were incredibly lucky to get seats like this; I'm pretty sure my first game was up in the nosebleeds!


The kids have never been to a professional sports game so they were really excited. We see Safeco Field every time we drive into Seattle and they have been dying to go. Maybe I'm just dingy, but I didn't realize that the stadium has a retractable roof, which makes sense considering the very unpredictable weather. Depending on the wind and other weather factors, the roof only takes 10 minutes to fully open or close. I find that pretty fascinating for such a large space!


The kids were excited because they were able to get some special treats -- foam hands, cotton candy, peanuts and their Tio Mikey's favorite, Dr. Pepper. They were definitely jacked up on sugar.


I love these kids and I sure exploring our new city with them! During the game, we went to Guest Services and they gave the boys each a certificate with their names on it that congratulated them for attending their MLB game. It was very sweet.

And lastly, probably their favorite part of the night...


The kids were given a foul ball! The girl along the third baseline gave it to them after a grounder was hit foul. They thought that was just too cool and are planning to have me write the name of the player and night of the game on it so they can always remember.

Overall, it was such a treat to get to attend the game unexpectedly, even though it ended on a sour note when we returned back to our car to find out someone had broken in and stole some important things. Oh well, that's why you have insurance. I'm grateful Adrian works for a company that has neat perks like this!

1 comments:

  1. Tio Mikey is so happy to hear they had a great time....and of course it put a smile on his face that they were enoying his fave drink!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)