Monday, June 6, 2011

Want to take a ride on the coupon train?

It appears as though our country, or at least my TV and local Albertson's, has decided to take a ride on the coupon train. I follow many, many blogs and I cannot begin to tell you how many posts I've read that are for or against extreme couponing, or people wanting to learn, just starting out, or detailing the strategies of seasoned couponers.

I think it's great that so many are becoming a little more money-conscious and personally I have enjoyed learning the ins and outs of effective couponing. However, what I don't appreciate is being accosted in my local Albertson's by a "coupon teacher" for not having at least 3-4 Sunday papers delivered to my doorstep. She gawked at me like I was some creature from the murky depths what I said, "Oh no thank you, I already have a paper delivered to me on Sundays and sometimes I steal my mom's coupons too." She responded with a condescending, "Well my girls have at least 5 papers delivered to them each weekend - have you even seen our show on TLC???"

Look lady, I will coupon how I want to coupon, when I want to coupon, where I want to coupon. Don't even get me started on the fact that you're sitting in Albertson's, a store that gives no benefits to couponing, when really you should be sitting in the Vons on Mission Gorge since they actually double coupons up to a dollar! How about that! It is people like her who clean the shelves of a good deal so people like me, who buy what they need as opposed to hoarding what they don't, can't get to them!

Anyway, word to the wise - don't accost my cranky ass in Albertsons.

1 comments:

  1. Wow! I wish I could say I can't believe that lady but I actually can. Although I admire the whole extreme couponing business I think it is also on the verge of insanity. One of my good girlfriends is super into couponing and she has been helping me out a lot with the whole thing but she is extreme to the point where she will go a week without razors because she refuses to spend money on certain items. Now that is something that I could never do! She has items like toothpaste, shampoo, conditions, deoderant etc that she refuses to spend money on because she always ends up getting them for free.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)