Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend...flop

I'm off today and tomorrow because I'm awesome, well, and because Jewish people celebrate Pesach (Passover - how about those made Hebrew skills, what, what?) which means I get two lazy days off.

And by the way, there is NOTHING that will make you have to pee/poop faster than when you have 0 out of 2 working bathrooms in your home. Yes, I am annoyed. Yes, I have been begging my husband to come home on his lunch. And finally, yes, I vomited in the sink while trying to fix them myself.

Anyway, we just returned home yesterday from the second of our double header at Adrian's parents' house. Let's just say, two weekends in a row with them is not my cup of tea. Probably by Saturday morning I was searching for the closest sharp object, whether for myself or my MIL, I'm not sure. Don't be mistaken, they are some of the sweetest, kindest, most overbearing and...oh wait, I was saying nice things. They are great. I am a major B who doesn't like to be controlled, I generally do the controlling, and when I'm up there, I have no say over what I eat, what I do, or literally anything to do with Gabriel.

Because of our long commute and the fact that Adrian's family, like typical Mexicans, have no concept of time, Easter was a wash. I generally love Easter! It mostly has to do with the fact that I can eat all the Reese's Eggs I want, but still - it's enjoyable and you get to dress up, which is always fun. On this fateful Easter Sunday, we went to church in the morning (we were late). We got back home and 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave, Adrian's dad decides that he is going to take a nap with Gabriel. We left for the BBQ (late) and lo and behold, nobody was there when we got to the park! After a few minutes, people started pulling up (late).  We had been planning to leave Camarillo at 3pm, but because the BBQ started at 2:30 instead of the original time of 1:00, we didn't end up leaving until closer to 4:30. Gabriel didn't even have time to do an Easter egg hunt! Not to mention, I got snaked into a terrifying conversation with my sister-in-law about the apocalypse.

TO TOP IT ALL OFF, MY LAKERS LOST LAST NIGHT! I'm telling you, this weekend was for the birds. Thank God it's Monday (and I'm off! hehe)

1 comments:

  1. you CRACK me up, Jess! Keep the posts coming. GIMME MORE! I could eat them with a spoon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)