Thursday, December 16, 2010

And the penis started it all

The last 11 days have been tough, very trying for all of us and it started with Gabriel's penis.

Yes, yes, I know - weird, disgusting, disturbing.

Two Sundays ago when we arrived back from Erin's wedding, while I was changing Gabriel's diaper I noticed a blood-red ring around his penis and quite obviously, was a little disturbed. Monday morning, bright and early, I skipped work and took him in to have it looked at. It was a simple "penis infection." Nice.

We carried on with our next few days, quite busily, with Adrian commuting out to El Centro and me working overtime as much as I could. Thursday afternoon I received a call from Melissa, a friend who watches Gabriel every day for us. Apparently the rash (which I've had looked at 3 times since the beginning of November) was seen by a licensing inspector who randomly dropped by to make sure everything was up to code at her daycare. Apparently it looked questionable and he was to be put in "isolation" until I came to pick him up. Seriously. So I picked him up, fought with Kaiser for three days to get the damn note, had him shuffled from person to person Friday and Monday.

Of course you know what happened next...Tuesday morning, his first morning back to daycare, he woke up sick. 99.9 fever. Coughing. Sneezing. Crying. Miserable. Angry. Ugh. Luckily and so nicely, Adrian was able to get off and pick up around 12 so the could go home, snuggle, nap and watch Sully (Monster's Inc.).

It doesn't sound like much, but it was one. thing. after. another. One of those weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)