Friday, November 18, 2016

Halloween 2016

Nevermind the fact that Halloween was 18 days ago. I am acutely aware that my current ability to track my kids most beautiful memories has been...bad. But whatever, such is life. I was feeling very Halloween scroogey this year and had no desire to put up decorations, probably because we had just moved, I'm working close to full time from home and you know, I have an infant. But I decided that I would host a Halloween playdate and what's a Halloween playdate with decorations?!


This was the first year that at least one of our children was able to carve their own pumpkins and it. was. amazing. Gabriel was so proud, too!


The Halloween playdate was fun too. We painted wood pumpkins and ate scary rice crispies, mummified strawberries and frankenstein bananas. Anyway, did I mention how much I love the neighborhood we live in? To say we were lucky is an incredible understatement. They are so tightknit, celebrating together, throwing parties and doing cute little neighbor-y things. We woke up on Halloween morning having been "Boo'd."


They left little treats and glow sticks in the bucket for the kids to use on Halloween. It was adorable. The kids got ready in their costumes before school, excited for the festivities...until we realized that they weren't allowed to wear costumes.


We frantically changed into uniforms and off they went with their cupcakes and apples with caramel. When they got home that day, we got ready for the party at the pool.


There were games, food, a pumpkin carving contest...so many fun things!


And obviously the boys looked adorable. We ate chocolate covered marshmellows and pizza.


The force was wide awake and ready for trick-or-treating afterwards.


But per the usual, my kids did 10 houses and then were done. They claimed that they wouldn't be able to keep it anyway because I'm crazy about the candy. Cannot have it in the house. Or I will eat it, obviously.


Gabriel super proud of his cute pumpkin.


So we ended our night passing out candy. Some friends stopped by. It was perfect and amazing.

1 comments:

  1. Cute children and nice post.I also have a website named Espresso Translations for translation services in all languages. Please review it and let me know for any suggestions.


    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)