Thursday, July 9, 2015

Adventuring at Flaming Geyser State Park

Coming from San Diego, a place notoriously beautiful, you would think that I would be less impressed by nature's beauty. NOPE. This area is so fascinatingly gorgeous, I can't stop staring. The trees, Mt. Rainier looming in the distance, the water that is in every nook and cranny of these towns, this is the type of place where almost everywhere you go, you think: wow.

Granted, we haven't had but just a few drops of rain since we have gotten here, so I'm sure we will be in for a shock in a few short months! Hopefully I'll still be singing the same tune at that point. 

Anyway, this past week while Adrian was at work, I took the boys to Flaming Geyser State Park. I am in a Community of Maple Valley Facebook group and they recently had a thread sharing all of the cool short hikes to take kids on in this area, which is where I found this park. 




I am so happy that they are up for adventures too. Sometimes they get tired quickly, but today they really just wanted to keep going!




The Green River runs through this park and this is the shady walk to get to one area of the area. The trees were spooky and covered in moss! I'm glad we were there in the light of day, because I could see this being a little scary at night, hah.


Their all-time favorite activity while hiking/walking is finding sticks. I don't get it, I think it's a boy thing but whatever. That's what they like. They both found walking sticks that they brought back home after our day was done.



The shore was super rocky, but Bella really enjoyed being let off her leash since there was nobody around, The only people we saw were a group who were floating down the river, which by the way, is freezing. These people are super ambitious.


Isn't it beautiful?? I can't get over it.


Gabriel made a little fish friend in the river. I think he was actually dying...he had some funny coloring on one side, but he was still swimming a little so hopefully he made it. Gabriel reached in and touched him with his finger.



We hiked up the side of the mountain to get to the Bubbling Geyser, which, as you can see, is not much of a geyser at all. It looked like a dirty stream - Gabriel said it looked like a ghost was in the water because it was so gray. Still a beautiful little hike though.


I love his curiosity! He is so inquisitive and always wanting to learn more about whatever we are doing.


In case you were curious...


Checking things out.



More of the area where the Bubbling Geyser is located.




It's not really an adventure until you plunge your shoes and shorts into the river.



And that's all she wrote! Tomorrow morning bright and early we are headed out to Lake Kachess for a quick camping trip and I can't wait. Last year, we camped all summer long in the Sequioias, Yosemite and Big Sur (my personal fave!) and I've been missing it.

Since our summer is so jam-packed with visitors and traveling back to San Diego for my sister's wedding, we probably won't have a ton of time to get in too many trips before the rain comes. We will definitely enjoy this weekend away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my friends! If you're a spammer, kindly leave :)